Hi I’m Nicole and welcome to my blog! I’m 23 and working my way towards financial freedom. I have decided to create a blog mostly for accountability and hopefully I can show you how not living pay check to pay check IS a possibility, even when you are low income like myself. If you haven’t heard of Dave Ramsey, I highly suggest you check him out. He is all about living debt free and planning for your future. His book Total Money Makeover is incredibly inspiring and really can light a fire under you to start working away your debt.
My personal goals:
- Minimize expenses (cutting unnecessary expenses, meal planning, etc)
- STOP USING MY CREDIT CARDS. Cash is King. Reward points and cash back only encourage me to spend more than necessary.
- Pay off my student loan ($4,613.14), ideally by 2019 at the latest
- Fully Funded Emergency Fund ($7,500-$15,000) by 2019
- Down Payment (roughly $20,000) by 2020
What I hope to bring to the table for you:
- Monthly budgets with REAL numbers so you can see what is possible
- My weekly meal plan & shopping haul (I love Aldis and always find great stuff). I also love coupons and all the apps.
- Tips I learn to save money and help with my budget, that will hopefully help you as well.
- At least twice weekly posts (gotta have stuff for you to read).
I’m seriously excited about starting this and hope it can turn into something amazing!